Welcome to The Datalink!

Hello to all new members and guests!

Moderator: Special Ops

Welcome to The Datalink!

Postby Captain Indigo » Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:49 am

Hello everyone! Welcome to the new version of The Datalink, the forum for Supermarionation Forever.

A special welcome to current members, Lt Topaz, Scarlet Lady and Mysteron2068!

To everyone else, feel free to join up and post.
Captain Indigo
Forum brass

Hello to my fellow members!

Postby Mysteron2068 » Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:41 pm

Greetings all,

My name is David, age: 47, and I've been a Supermarionation (and , recently Hypermarionation) fan since my childhood.
I've been a member of FANDERSON since before FAB magazine started, and it's a pleasure to have every issue, as well as many S.I.G's, Century 21's and other Anderson-related zines, CD's, cards, photos...you name it!

My favorite show is Captain Scarlet and the Mysterons, followed by New Captain Scarlet, UFO and the hilarious, but much under-rated Dick Spanner.
I also enjoy Stingray and the Thunderbirds (but thought the T-Birds movie sucked! Please go back to the Starship Enterprise Jonathan Frakes, and stay there!)

What else to say? I love Doctor Who and think the new series (both seasons) have been fantastic!
I am a hard-core Looney-Tunes fan, and know that Bugs Bunny is long-overdo for an Oscar, and a Star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
I also love the Sherlock Holmes series by Sir Arthur Conan-Doyle, with the late Jeremy Brett being the best actor to ever play the role, and always will be!

And oh yes, as another example of how we Mysterons are drawn to the darker side, I am seriously into good, well-written vampire books and movies (The Hammer series starring Christopher Lee, the TV-series Forever Knight, and the classic series of Anne Rice novels, the Vampire Chronicles).

Finally, I am into D/s (consentual power-exchange)...as a Dominant. For more info see the classic CSI episode "Lady Heather's Box".

And lest I forget, I seriously study WWII from the German perspective, and collect Third Reich militaria, and civilian awards etc.

I think I've gone on enough (occupational hazard of being a writer).

Greetings to all my fellow members & Gerry Anderson/Cult TV fans!

Sincerely,
David
"I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered! My life is my own" - Number 6 (The Prisoner, ITC, 1967)
Mysteron2068
Plebe

Postby Scarlet Lady » Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:41 pm

Hello all! I'm Scarlet Lady, AKA Lieutenant Lake. I'm one of Chris Bishop's nuttier writers, though I've also wrote a series of stories for my own mad site.

I've been a fan of Supermarionation since my parents introduced me to Thunderbirds, when I was pretty young (I can't remember which year they were repeated; all I know is that it was the early '90s, making me under ten years old). Mum told us to look out for Captain Scarlet, because she thought the show was even better - I happen to agree with her. Pete (Captain Tourmaline, my brother) may beg to differ, so don't quote me on any of this.

Anyway, I wasn't planning on writing an essay, so I'll leave it there. I look forward to 'chatting' with you all soon.

Ciao for now,
SL x
I'm not mad! Just part-Irish.
Scarlet Lady
Forum brass

Postby Lt Topaz » Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:33 am

Hi everyone. I'm Lt Topaz, but I also go by Amber Nytstar. Or at least, that's the pen name I use on Fanfiction.net.

I discovered the virtues of Supermarionation at a fairly young age as well, sometime during the 80's with an airing of Thunderbirds. Since that time I've seen Captain Scarlet (my favourite), Stingray, and Fireball XL5. I've also seen the recent Thunderbirds movie, and thought it was a decent attempt.

Other series I like include Forever Knight, The Green Hornet, Star Trek, and first Doctor Who series. I love to read as well, and am more often found curled up around a good story than attending to one of my other hobbies, which include RPGs and drawing.
Lt Topaz
Plebe

Postby Captain Indigo » Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:06 am

Welcome to Serena Lewis, our newest validated member!
Captain Indigo
Forum brass

Re: Welcome to The Datalink!

Postby Captain Indigo » Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:33 am

Hello to Chris Bishop, who has the dubious honour of being the first user to register on the new-look forum.
Captain Indigo
Forum brass

Postby Chris Bishop » Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:40 pm

Hello all!

I know how hard it is to properly set a new forum - and to get it to appear and work exactly like you want it to! So, no I won't think this is a dubbious honour to be the first member to register to this new forum - especially when I consider who are part of the administration! I've known them for a long time, they're hard-working people and they will get this done exactly like they want it!

Keep up the good work, gang! I'm one hundred percent behind ya!
Chris Bishop
Special Forces

Postby Captain Indigo » Mon Sep 17, 2007 3:44 pm

Please give a warm welcome to Marion, our newest member!

Hi Marion
Captain Indigo
Forum brass

Postby Marion » Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:10 pm

Many thanks for the welcome.... I'm looking forward to looking around. :)
However, there is one problem - does anyone have a torch? I can't see where I'm going... :$
Marion
Cadet

Postby Captain Indigo » Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:16 pm

Let me see if I can't sort out a lighter background to use as an alternative for you, Marion. It might take me a couple of days, mind you.
As a species, the Mysterons have evolved a hundred millennia beyond the human race. To us, you're really nothing more than spores in a lab experiment.
Captain Indigo
Forum brass

Postby Marion » Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:48 pm

That is most kind of you - sorry to be a pain... :$
Marion
Cadet

Postby Captain Indigo » Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:13 pm

No problem, Marion - you were right to point it out. Sometimes I forget that not everyone likes the dark background!

I think I've found a suitable template, and I'm just playing around with it now so that everything will be displayed correctly. It shouldn't be too much longer now.
As a species, the Mysterons have evolved a hundred millennia beyond the human race. To us, you're really nothing more than spores in a lab experiment.
Captain Indigo
Forum brass

Postby Captain Indigo » Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:49 pm

Many apologies for the delay, Marion. The tinkering I was doing didn't get anywhere, sadly. However, there is a lighter version of the forum now installed for you (and anyone who wants to) to use.

To change to the light template, click on the 'User Control Panel' link (top right), select 'Board preferences' from the left-hand menu, which should take you into 'Edit global settings'. Select 'prosilver' from the drop-down menu for 'My board style' and then click the 'Submit' button at the bottom of the page.

This is only a temporary measure, and I hope to find a suitable replacement, with the proper images soon.
Captain Indigo
Forum brass

Postby marionW » Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:31 am

Hello, again. I have been having trouble logging in - as you know - and have finally got round to rejoining. Thanks for letting me back in - I promise not to be a pain this time... Well, no more than I generally am...
I really like the new format, BTW - its as clear as a bell... (and blue!!) :lol:
marionW
Plebe

Postby Captain Indigo » Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:44 am

Everyone, say a special 'hello' to Captain Off White!

LOVE your nickname, Captain.
Captain Indigo
Forum brass

Next

Return to Welcome/General